St. Simon the Apostle Catholic School Goals
Upon completion of studies at St. Simon the Apostle Catholic School students will:
- Live gospel values, act with compassion and respond with service to societal needs.
- Show respect for the word of God by actively participating in the celebration of the Eucharist and prayer opportunities.
- Recognize individual strengths and weaknesses and show an appreciation for others’ gifts and talents.
- Respond to persons of other cultures with interest and respect.
- Show respect for God’s creation, especially for life in all its forms.
- Knowledge of the basic subject areas.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and curiosity for lifelong learning.
- Show responsibility for actions, accept success with humility and rebound from disappointment.
- Develop and use responsible, independent work habits.
- Respect leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and analytic skills to life experiences.
- Communicate effectively by using a variety of media.
- Utilize the technology of today to prepare for tomorrow.
- Apply strategies to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Organize materials for multidisciplinary projects.
- Make decisions based on knowledge, life experiences and gospel values.